Cleansing is one of the best ways to restart your metabolism and remove addictions from sugar and caffeine. By cleansing, I am removing harmful toxins from the cells in my body and flushing them through my digestive system or through my skin. I am trying to use my skin as much as possible to not overuse my internal cleansing organs.
My official cleanse began on Monday – however, I quit drinking caffeine over the weekend. A side effect from doing so was a persistent headache.
On Monday, I put together several cleansing ingredients into an unsweetened water. My goal is to drink 1 gallon of this water each day and have found it difficult to do so. I am just not use to drink so much during the day.
- 1/2c. Organic Cranberry Juice – it took me forever to find pure cranberry juice.
- 1/2c. Organic Grapefruit Juice – unsweetened of course.
- 1/4c. Organic Lemon Juice
- Lemon w/Hibiscus Herbal Tea- 2 teabags brewed in 1c. hot water
- Dandelion Root Herbal Tea – 2 teabags brewed in 1c. hot water
- Gallon of distilled/purified water.
- Remove enough of the water to add all the juices and brewed teas. Can sweeten with natural sweetener such as Stevia or Blue Agave if you wish – I didn’t.
- Drink a gallon a day for 3-7 days.
- Lots of green leafy veggies.
- Avoid heavy meat and dairy – if you absolutely must eat then do earlier in the day so it doesn’t sit as long in your digestive system.
- Don’t forget plain water.
- Avoid simple carbohydrates and caffeine.
So far, this week my hips have gone down 1.5 inches. I am still getting some headaches and I realized that I have not been drinking enough plain water to go with the juice water. I have now alternated what I am drinking so I am giving water a chance to flush the toxins the juice is releasing.
Detoxifying the Skin:
One of the ways I am removing toxins is through my skin. Our skin is the largest organ on our body and it was one of the organs the body uses to flush toxins. In order to safely use this organ to flush the toxin, it is good to remember the following tips:
- Dry brush your skin before showering. This removes the dead skin and allows your skin to release better.
- Salt baths are great. Soaking in an Epson salt bath is a great way to pull toxins from inside your body. Don’t forget to shower off WITHOUT soap after doing so.
- Embrace the Sauna. When used properly, the sauna will help you sweat away the toxins. Use the following guidelines in order to be safe:
- Shower before and after.
- Stay in the sauna no more than 30 minutes at a time.
- If you start to feel sick or dizzy, leave immediately.
- Sit down outside of the sauna for at least 10 minutes after doing a sauna session.
- Drink 4 cups of water before and 4 cups after the sauna session.
- Wear lose fitting clothes
- Be sure to not use soaps or lotions after showering, bathing or sauna UNLESS it is a natural oil that lets your skin breath.
Keep in mind that there are other ways to cleanse the inside of the body. This is just one way I am trying right now. I will not suggest a cleanse to any of my clients that I haven’t tried first. I want to know how it affects my body and what my clients can expect. I will report back in once this week is complete.
the ForeverThin Crew